These are quotes from various emails and internet postings about our work. Items inside italicised ( ) are minor edits for grammar or missing words.
Click here to read testimonials posted by customers of our online store.
Click here to see our Ebay feedback
- "AWESOME! Thank you David for repairing and upgrading my radio. I am getting great audio and signal reports. I really appreciate your personal touch, respecting the way I like my radios to run and informing me of how they work or why they do not work. Your professionalism and commitment to quality keep me coming back. That is why (I) have gone nowhere else for CB radio service in the roughly 5 years since I first walked into the basement of the chrome shop. Thank you also for the labor discount on the PLL board alignment." --- Email from customer who mailed in a 2995 base radio and two amps for repair and upgrades.
- "Just a note saying how much I love the Stryker 490. It is my best radio...." ---Email from customer who ordered a Stryker SR490 from us online.
- "Thanks for the tune up on my galaxy 48t the other day. Got some nice flowers over the radio for the sound. I can run it straight out now without distortion/muffling, etc. I am really happy with the job you did. You have a new regular customer here!" --- Email from customer who brought in a Galaxy DX48T for some tuning and alignment.
- "Thanks for the Great Job you did on the Connex 3300-HP. I have to say it has a lot of Audio and Clean Audio to boot. I hooked it up today and the reports I got were 'TURN THAT RADIO DOWN!!!'.. And that's with out the Joker Amp on" --- a comment posted on the World Wide DX Radio forum from a customer who purchased a new Connex 3300HP.
- "Got my Stryker from DTB. BIG AUDIO! So I sent my old 29 in (and) all I can say is DAMMMM!!!!" --- a comment posted on the World Wide DX Radio forum from a customer who purchased a new Stryker from us, then sent in a Cobra 29 for some work.
- "I have returned from vacation and have been running the radio the last few days and I must report that it works superbly, thanks for working with me on the trade :)" --- email from a customer who purchased a 2950DX via mail-order.
- "Heyyyyyyyyyyy!! Plate came in and its great!!! Absolutely perfect... Thanks again" --- email from a customer who ordered a custom face plate for a Cobra 25GTL. (Note: we are no longer making custom face plates)
- "I can't thank you enough for fixing my radio today. That radio hears great, works great, and everybody tells me how great it sounds. Thanks again, you've made a customer for life out of me, and I will be sure to tell anybody that asks who worked on it that Dave at DTB Radio is the MAN." --- Email from a customer who drove about 2.5 hours from another state to bring in an RCI 6900 for a full alignment.
- "since you did my radio it works awsome. Everyone says it sounds better than before, and people cant believe it is a RCI 2985dx." --- Email from a customer who brought in a 2985DX for full alignment and other work.
- "Received the Grant XL today . Thanks for an excellent and fast job " --- Email from a customer who sent in a Grant XL for alignment, tuning, some extra channels, and a frequency counter installation.
- "The Grant LT arrived in great shape. Works super. Thanks for the nice , fast job." --- Email from customer who mailed in a Grant LT for some mods.
- "The radio is awsome, thank you. I will never send a radio anywhere else, PERIOD!!" --- email from a customer who mailed in a 140GTL for alignment and tuning.
- "The 2950dx you worked on for me works great." --- email from customer who mailed in a 2950DX for a full alignment and tune-up.
- "Got the radio today and hooked it back up... works perfectly. " --- email from customer who mailed in a 25LTD for some modifications.
- "The Superstar 3900 is working great since you retuned it." --- email from military customer who mailed in a (you guessed it) Superstar 3900 for alignment and tuning.
- "The radio works like it's brand new. Thanks." --- email from a customer who purchased a used Uniden Grant XL from us.
- "I'm getting excellent reports on the Grant XL that I bought from you , both local and DX . I made a lot of barefoot DX contacts over the weekend. Thanks again for a great talking radio." --- email from a customer who bought a used Uniden Grant XL from us.
- "I sent DTB my Realistic TRC-448 to get some stuff done and I must say that I am very happy with his work. I would recommend him to anyone. There are things that I discussed with him on the phone and I appreciate his patience for my multiple questions. I also appreciate his attention to detail, and that makes his work shine over others. For me, a persons attention to detail is what makes a good tech into a great one. Thanks again DTB." --- a comment posted on the World Wide DX Radio forum from a customer who mailed in a TRC-488 for various mods.
- "Recommended a local on a cobra 200. He received the radio in very good working order. Everything was done just as ordered. He had some problems and DTB took care of it no problems at all. Fast service and quick return. Thanks DTB! 73's" --- a comment posted on the World Wide DX Radio forum by a friend of a customer who purchased a Cobra 200GTL from us.
- "DTB comes highly recommended! I've yet to hear of any who isn't satisfied with his work." --- Posted by a representative from the Stryker Radio company on the World Wide DX Radio forum.
- "The radio is working flawlessly, absolutely flawlessly..." --- telephone comment from customer who shipped a Galaxy Saturn and Echo Max mic to us for multiple repairs and alignment.
- "I was in your shop a few weeks ago and had my Cobra 29 tuned. I'm very happy with the work that you did. (I've) gotten compliments from others while driving, especially since I added the Road King mic." --- email comment from customer who brought in a Cobra 29 for a supertune and other work.
- "You do a great business. If i ever need anything else, you will be number one" --- Email from a customer who was happy with our customer support.
- "I am again impressed with your work. I can hear the difference. That radio was supposed to have been aligned when it was sold it to me. (Now) the Texas Ranger TX/RX better than it did new. I can track stations on SSB a lot easier now. I was just listening to a three way conversation on 34 LSB by just barely moving the clarifer and I was not able to tune stations in so easy before. Thank you for all your time." --- Email from a customer who mailed in a couple radios for repair and alignment.
- "Hi DTB. About two years ago I stopped through, pulling my camper with the wife and Mom on our way to Las Vegas. You tuned our Cobra 29, and we purchased a Wilsom 1000 magnet mount to go on the roof. I had no idea how well you had this radio getting out. I am bare foot here in Vegas and talk for miles, at times talking over cariers on channel 19." --- Email from customer who stopped in for an antenna and a supertune on his Cobra 29.
- "I just want to thank you for your fast service on my dx 959. I thought this radio worked well (before I sent it in), but now it rocks!!! I can't say enough about you and your shop. From now on nobody touches my radios but you. There are a lot of butchers out there , and it's nice to talk to somebody that really cares about there work and name. From now on you are the only tech I will recommend." --- Email from a customer who sent in his radio for some upgrades.
- "Greetings, DTB. Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for recommending (the) cb items this Sat. Great advice on mic and Stryker SR 490. Of course, I went to install right after (I got it). Instant positives on radio check. No regrets on choices here or in your shop/work." --- Email from an over-the-counter customer who purchased a radio and mic from us.
- "I received the radio today and hooked it up, and it sounds great! The results are easily noticeable and I've already gotten compliments on how good it sounds. I appreciate it." --- Email from a customer who mailed in a Galaxy DX949 for some mods and echo.
- "Hi Dave, got the 98 geared up. I did what you suggested on the bent knob, now it’s just fine. The radio sounds great! Excellent job, Dave!" --- Email from customer who purchased a Galaxy 98VHP and had us add our Big Talker package.
- "I hooked up the 6900 yesterday after mounting a 2 1/2 in small computer fan on the heat sink 12v to help keep it cool and talked skip almost all day, it works great.... A local guy said the AM audio is a lot cleaner also.... Thanks for your time and thanks again for the GREAT REPAIR.... With your fast repair and fast shipping I (would) have to be crazy to go anyhere else." --- Email from a customer who shipped an RCI 6900 to us for some repair and alignment.
- "I received the radio today. Everything seems perfect now. Thanks!" --- Email from a customer who sent in a Uniden Grant XL for tuning and modification.
- "The 2950 arrived yesterday. Have powered it up and am very happy with initial tests." --- mail from a customer in Australia who ordered a 2950 DX from us.
- "I must mention something about the 2970dx that you did for me several years back. I have, over the years, gotten some excellent reports on that radio. Many guys that were hams have told me how good the audio was on that radio. One General(-class operator) told me it was the best export radio that he had ever heard, with the cleanest signal." --- Email from a customer who has had us work on a number of RCI radios for him.
- "I have to tell you that RCI 6900 that you just did the repair on is really working better than any other radio I have ever owned so I wanted to thank you for doing such a good job. you are THE MAN when it comes to radio stuff that's for sure." --- Email from a customer who had us repair an RCI6900 recently.
- "I recently purchased the Galaxy 939 from you and I must say that it 's incredible. Thank you again for the nice job" --- Email from a customer who bought a Galaxy 939 from us.
- "I have to say your the BEST radio guy I have met in my over 40 years of playing with CB stuff ." --- Email from a customer who has sent in a number of items for service.
- "Thank you for repairing my radio. The quick turnaround was incredible. I've been using the radio daily for a week now, and I am very impressed with its performance. All the issues I had with the radio are gone, and I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend you to anyone. You do great work. You have a customer for life now." --- Email from a customer who sent in a Galaxy 95T2 for service.
- "Thank you very much. Just tried it out and sounds great" --- Email from a customer who sent in a 99 for service and alignment.
- "I had to write you to let you know, “VERY NICE WORK”! I will be sure to pass your info along to my friend. He is a trucker and a CB could mean life or death for him since cell phone service is terrible in this area. He has been dealing with (one of our competitors) for years and what I don’t understand is why did he keep going back when radio after radio died suddenly? I showed him just what was done to his radios and he didn’t know there was a difference between a wanna be tech and a real one. I told him if he wanted a radio done right, he had to contact you. He heard and saw this 148 and now he wants to buy it! I told him “Not for sale, get your radios done right and you’ll be happy too”! I hope he takes my advice! Nice work Dave and you will get my radio business from now on!" --- Email from a customer who mailed in a 148 for repair and tuning.
- "Good call via email communication! I disconnected the power wire and it stopped. I'll wire it up to the cb/pa switch to cut power until needed. Thanks so much for your help!" --- Email from a customer who asked for help via email with a problem he had with his Cobra 29 Weather
- "The Cobra 25 I got from you a year or so ago is still a great running radio. And one of my buddies complimented you without my even mentioning your shop" --- Ebay message from a customer.
- "Hey there just wanted to let you know that I got my radio back on (wednesday) and it works awsome. I took my 29 ltd out of line and talked on the galaxy for two days, and the locals said it sounds great, good and loud. Thank you for the great work." --- Email from a customer who mailed in a Galaxy 959 for service.
- "my 2995 DX is still running and sounding great! Thanks again for your good repair work" - part of email from a customer who had use rework an RCI base radio for him
- "Hey Dave radio got here this afternoon and works great thank you... first time I did (a radio check) on lower side of 39, where we talk all the time, one of my buddies came back from about 40 miles away. I was very surprised he could hear me, and it is dead on frequency" --- Email from repeat customer who shipped in a Realistic TRC-448 for service.
- "the best radio tech I know " --- Email from a customer who mailed in a Galaxy DX959 for service
- "I got it yesterday and it works great! Thank you very much, you did a terrific job, I will do a lot of recommending on the airways here" --- Email from customer who sent in an old GE SUperbase for repair and tuning.
"Dave I can't thank you enough for all the radio repairs you have done for me lately, I've been using the grant XL for the last 2 hours with great audio reports using my turner +3B hand held mic, all the radio guys that I talk to all the time just keep commenting on how clear and loud the audio is, again you have done an outstanding job. Thank You for your expert repair I really appreciate it.... I feel very fortunate to have found you, it gives me confidence to buy anything on Ebay or Craigs List knowing it has a chance to be a real radio once in your hands. Thank You again Sincerely <name hidden>" --- Email from a long-time repeat customer who recently sent in a Uniden Grant XL for service.
- "I got the galaxy 98 back yesterday everyone said very clean and clear. Thank you very much for whatever you did." --- Email from a customer who sent in a Galaxy 98 for some service.
- "Thanks for the great work on my Cobra 29GTL, I am very happy with it and getting very good reports on the sound quality" --- Email from a customer who mailed in a 29 GTL for service.
- "Just wanted to drop you a note thanking you for the Great work on my new Connex CX566SB. All the local radio guys said it is the best sounding radio I have ever used and were talking like a 10 year span now, again Dave Your The MAN with your Fantastic Radio Repairs. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!" --- Email from a long-time mail-oder customer who sent a Connex in for service.
- "Received the 88 this afternoon.Works great.Thank you very much.I ordered chrome covers,bezel,and faceplate for it this afternoon.Hopefully get it to look as good as it performs." --- Email from customer who purchased a used Galaxy 88 via mail-order
- "Dave got the radio back today, working great like always, thank you" --- Email from a customer who sent in a Magnum Delta Force for service.
- "...have heard nothing but great things about your work, didn't want to spend $400+ on a radio till I found the right technician!" --- Email from customer who ordered a Connex 4600 from us.
"Just wanted to let you know that the Galaxy 919dx is working better than expected. Not only does it have great TX but the RX is exceptional....For the value the 919 is a very good radio. Thanks for your services." --- Email from a customer who ordered a Galaxy DX919 from us.
"I wanted you to know I received the radio and have installed it in my truck. It works great and the sound is wonderful." --- Email from a customer who ordered a new custom-built Galaxy DX959 from us.
"It came in yesterday, much faster than I anticipated. Excellent radio, excellent work. Thank you!" --- Email from a customer who purchased a Cobra 29 LX through one of our Ebay listings (seller ID "dtbradio").
"I received my galaxy 979 and it performs excellent. I am impressed and will remember your shop for my friends. Keep up the good work!" --- Email sent by customer who sent in a Galaxy DX979 for our Big Talker package and a full alignment.
"I just wanted to tell you this galaxy 44 you did for me is a bad ass radio! the audio is better than any of my other radios and i have some good sounding radios. i will also say the recieve is top notch and have decided its better than my stryker 490. the talkback is perfect. job well done" --- Email from a customer who brought in a Galaxy 44 for some transmit and receive modifications.
"Nice job to all who worked on the 142, nice job!! All good reports on the air" --- Email from a customer whomailed in a Cobra 142 for a full alignment and extra channels.
"I just wanted to send you a note to say thanks again. I finally got to spend some time with the radio today and can’t believe the difference. And the reports I have gotten are great. The skip was not running up here in our corner of the country today so I didn’t get to try out the distance but I am impressed with the operation so far. So thanks again and know that I will be recommending you as usual." --- Email from a repeat customer who sent in a Galaxy for added channels and performance mods.
"Just wanted to thank you for the Awesome job on my Uniden LT SSB radio. I am very impressed with your services and how quickly you are able to send it back within a matter of days..You have done a total of 3 radio's for me and they all perform flawlessly". --- Email from a customer who shipped in a Grant LT to get some bad mods removed and good mods added, plus a full alignment.
"The radio you sent me freaking rocks. People dxing can break the squelch on it, amazing. Made the trip to cali from here in wi today with it, PERFECT audio reports, they were astonished that I was mobile. I'm spreading the word about your company all over the net, very well done Sir." --- Email from a customer who ordered a Uniden PC78 from us and had us modify it for him.
"you did some mods on a Galaxy 949 for me; it really talks and sounds great. Thanks!" --- Email from a customer who sent in a 949 for servicing and mods.
"...thank you on a job well done on my Uniden Grant XL." --- Email from a VERY picky customer who sent in a Grant for service.
"Just wanted to thank you for the awesome job you did on my 3 radios last Thursday! Was using the 29 LTD going down Interstate 95 and the XYL wanted to talk with the truckers about the superbowl game. With the noise cancelling mic she was holding it over 6 inches from her mouth and they were still reading her loud and proud! It was well worth the trip from Rocky Mount, N. C. to get it done right! Thanks again; You will certainly get any future work I need done to my equipment! Use me for a reference anytime!" Jim Taylor --- Email from a customer who drove up from from NC and brought in a few radios for service.
"The radio works great, thanks for fixing it" --- Email from a customer who mailed in a Uniden Grant for repair and modification, hooked it up backwards as soon as he got it back. and sent it in again for the additional repairs and "idiot-proofing".
- "the uniden 76 you did for me kicks ass! ...that thing out talks my 44v that you did!" --- email from a long-time mail-in customer who had us modify a PC 76 for him.
- "That was my Dad in your shop this morning with the out of wack 98vhp. i believe its right now. he been getting flowers all day on it. thanks again" --- email from a long-time mail-in customer whose father brought in a 98 for some work.
- "Just wanted to say thank-you for a speedy, hassle free sale. The CRE8900 arrived in excellent condition and works excellent. Looking forward to dealing with you again, soon." --- Email from a customer who ordered a CRE8900 through our website.
- "Awesome!!! Many thanks.... I'm super impressed so far!!!" --- Email from a customer who ordered a Galaxy DX959 with our Big Talker/Big Receiver package.
- "I received the radio yesterday. Your repairs and alignment exceeded my expectations! My radio has never worked as well as it does now. Thank you again." --- Email from a customer who sent in a Galaxy 99 for repair and alignment.
- "The whole system works perfect. I've even had other truckers compliment on my clarity over the radio which is rare to hear. I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for all you did dealing directly with me" --- Email from a customer who ordered a modded Cobra 29 LX and accessories from us.
- "I am a new customer to DTB radio and I must say I was very pleased. My order was shipped right away and any questions I did have they help me to understand. I would and will recommend DTB to all my driver friends and look forward to doing more business with them.
Thanks again." --- Email from a customer who ordered a 4600 and accessories from us.
- "Just wanted to let you know (I) got radio back this morning. Everything is fine and dandy, thanks for the five star work you all did. Very happy happy!!" --- Email from a customer who sent us a Galaxy 2527 for multiple repairs and tuning.
- "I received my radio on wed and I have one major problem, it works AWESOME ! Lol Dave thank you again for your excellent service and your fast turn around" --- Email frtom a customer who shipped in a Uniden Washington base radio for repair and upgrades.
- "Received it today works awesome, lots of power couldn't be happier! Thanks again for all your help." --- email from a customer who purchased a Stryker SR655 from us via email order.
- "I just wanted to drop you a note and say thank you for the work that you did to my Galaxy radio. Your personal service over the phone and quick turnaround time is exceptional. This radio has never sounded this good and I can with clear conscience recommend you to everyone in our huntcamp." --- Email form a customer who mailed in a Galaxy for service.
- "Dave, just wanted to note also the Galaxy you tuned receives great, and transmits like a beast!! I was talking loud and clear with my father 14 miles away as the crow flies crystal clear. We live in a heavily wooded area with mountains and valleys making connections typically difficult. The radio shot right through the terrain with great strength and clarity!! Thanks so much! Even though I have a mic issue on the Top Gun quad 5, the receive was excellent! I was prob 20-30 miles from your shop abs I could still pick up that goon radio man over at the truckstop crystal clear. --- Email from a customer who drove quite a long distance to have two radios tuned.
- "No problems with the CB and I'm pleased with the work that you did installing in my truck. And I'm happy with the Cobra 29..." --- Email from a customer who purcvhase a Cobra 29 LX and had us do an install in his F150 pickup.
- "That thing cranks.... And the rx and tx are clean. Thank you so much!" --- Email from a customer who sent us a President AX-144 for repair and tuning.